The Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning
Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with APR credits from select Green Business Certification Inc LEED Certifications.
- How many college credits is it worth?
- What can I study at Thomas Edison State University?
- How do I get started?
- Can I transfer APR credit to another institution?
The most current University review identified up to 13 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing select Green Business Certification Inc LEED Certifications. A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful certification completion. If you completed your certification outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.
The certification components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)
|LEED Certification||Credits||TESU Course
|Effective Dates||For Staff Use|
|LEED: Green Associate||3||CET-309||07/2009 - 01/2018||GBCI.GA|
|AP Operations and Maintenance||4||CET-315||09/2013 - 01/2018||GBCI.APOM|
|AP Building Design and Construction||4||CET-316||09/2013 - 01/2018||GBCI.APBD|
|AP Operations and Maintenance||5||CET-315||07/2009 - 08/2013||GBCI.APOM|
|AP Building Design and Construction||5||CET-316||07/2009 - 08/2013||GBCI.APBD|
Note: Students may apply these APR credits at Thomas Edison State University to any part of a degree program, including the area of study, as long as they are appropriate and do not exceed the limitation of transferable credits from any one source. Degree programs related to your APR credits are listed next under “What can I study?”
- To get the most out of the credits, consider the following degree programs:
- AAS in Construction and Facilities Support
- AAS in Electrical Mechanical Systems and Maintenance
- BSAST in Technical Studies
- BSAST in Energy Systems Technology
- Contact School of Applied Science & Technology to learn more about the degree pathways related to your APR assessment
- If you have additional college credits you would like to transfer or prefer a different degree program at the University, a University academic evaluation will determine whether and how APR credits may fulfill the requirements for your degree of choice.
- Submit documentation of successful completion
To verify completion of the credentials, students must submit a notarized paper certificate of their LEED credential(s) along with this cover sheet.
- Learn more about enrolling at TESU
- Get started on your TESU application
- Estimate the cost of attendance and identify potential sources of financial aid using our Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
If you are seeking to transfer the APR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.
If you would like to request a copy of the APR report for a particular organization or credential, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your complete mailing address
- Name of Reviewed Organization or Credential
- Date you completed course(s), program, or credential