Thomas Edison State University - The Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning
Skip to Main Content

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

The Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with APR credits from North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) credentials.

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 15 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) credentials. A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful credentials completion. If you completed your credentials outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The credentials components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

NABCEP Credentials Credits TESU Course
Effective Dates For Staff Use
NABCEP PV Associate Credential (formerly, NABCEP PV Entry Level Achievement Award)*3EUT-29901/2005 - 11/2017 NAB.PVELA
NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification (formerly, PV Installer Certification)6EUT-29901/2010 - 11/2017 NAB.PVINST
NABCEP Solar Heating Installer Certification (formerly, Solar Heating Installer Certification)6EUT-29901/2011 - 11/2017 NAB.SOLAR

* Note: Prior Versions of the APR titled this learning experience "NABCEP PV Entry Level Certification" and "NABCEP PV Entry Level Achievement Award."

Note: Students may apply these APR credits at Thomas Edison State University to any part of a degree program, including the area of study, as long as they are appropriate and do not exceed the limitation of transferable credits from any one source. Degree programs related to your APR credits are listed next under “What can I study?”

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion
    Students should submit this form to the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, 56 Clifton Country Rd., Suite 202 Clifton Park, NY, 12065 or by email to NABCEP will then send the University a letter verifying the student's successful completion of the credential or achievement award.


Can I transfer APR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the APR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

If you would like to request a copy of the APR report for a particular organization or credential, please email your request to and include the following:

  • Your name
  • Your phone number
  • Your complete mailing address
  • Name of Reviewed Organization or Credential
  • Date you completed course(s), program, or credential

Back to APR list »