Thomas Edison State University - The Office of Professional Learning Review
Skip to Main Content

The Office of Professional Learning Review

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with PLR credits from The American College courses.

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 69 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing The American College courses. A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful training completion. If you completed your training outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The training components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

The American College Courses
TESU Course
Effective Dates
For Staff Use
HS 300 Financial Planning: Process and Environment* 3INS-3031/1/2005-6/30/2014 HS300
HS 311 Fundamentals of Insurance Planning* 3INS-3991/1/2005-6/30/2014 HS311
HS 313 Individual Health Insurance Planning: Medical, Disability Income, and Long-Term Care 3INS-3991/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS313
HS 320 Fincl Svcs Env & Professions3INS-2991/1/1982-12/31/1995 HS320
HS 321 Income Taxation* 3ACC-4211/1/1982-6/30/2014 HS321
HS 322 The Financial System in the Economy** 3ECO-1111/1/1982-12/31/1996 HS322
HS 322 The Financial System in the Economy** 3ECO-3521/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS322
HS 323 Individual Life Insurance 3INS-2001/1/1982-6/30/2014 HS323
HS 324 Life Insurance Law 3INS-3991/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS324
HS 325 Group Benefits 3HRM-3371/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS325
HS 326 Planning for Retirement Needs* 3BUS-2881/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS326
HS 327 Employee Benefits3BUS-2871/1/1982-12/31/1994 HS327
HS 328 Investments* 3FIN-3611/1/1982-6/30/2014 HS328
HS 329 Wealth Accumulation Planning3ACC-4221/1/1982-12/31/1994 HS329
HS 330 Fundamentals of Estate Planning* 3INS-3411/1/1982-6/30/2014 HS330
HS 331 Planning for Business Owners and Professionals 3MAN-4341/1/1982-6/30/2014 HS331
HS 332 Financial Planning Applications*** 3ECO-3511/1/1982-6/30/2014 HS332
HS 334 Estate Planning Applications** 3INS-3421/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS334
HS 340 Advanced Topics in Group Benefits 3HRM-3991/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS340
HS 342 Executive Compensation** 3HRM-3991/1/1997-6/30/2014 HS342
HS 343 Compensation and Personnel Management 3MAN-3311/1/1995-6/30/2014 HS343
HS 344 Advanced Topics in Managed Care 3BUS-3995/1/1999-6/30/2014 HS344
HS 350 Understanding the Older Client 3BUS-3996/1/2004-6/30/2014 HS350
HS 351 Health and Long Term Care Financing for Seniors 3INS-39912/1/2004-6/30/2014 HS351
HS 352 Financial Decisions for Retirement** 3FIN-3996/1/2005-6/30/2014 HS352
HS 382 Leadership in a Changing World 3LDR-3051/1/2005-6/30/2014 HS382
HS 383 Interpersonal Relationships in the Workplace 3MAN-2511/1/2004-6/30/2014 HS383
HS 384 Creative Problem Solving and the Strategic Planning Process 3BUS-4211/1/2005-6/30/2014 HS384
The Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) is awarded by the Certification Board of The American College.
* denotes a required course for ChFC as of January 1, 2009
** denotes an elective course for ChFC January 1, 2009
*** denotes a required course for ChFC as of October 1, 2009
Credit for ChFC is effective through June 30, 2014.

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion

    To request an official student record be sent to the Thomas Edison State University Registrar, contact: Director, Student Services, The American College, 270 South Bryn Mawr Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010; (610) 526-1168.


Can I transfer PLR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the PLR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

Back to PLR list »