Thomas Edison State University - The Office of Professional Learning Review
Skip to Main Content

The Office of Professional Learning Review

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with PLR credits from the New Jersey Career Path in Developmental Disabilities Direct Support Professional training programs.

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 7 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing the New Jersey Career Path in Developmental Disabilities Direct Support Professional training programs. A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful training completion. If you completed your training outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The training components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

Direct Support Professional training programs
TESU Course
Effective Dates
For Staff Use
Direct Support Professional Level I3HUS-25001/2008-01/2018 BOGGS.DSP1
Direct Support Professional Level II4HUS-26001/2008-01/2018 BOGGS.DSP2

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion

    Students should request a transcript from Colleen A. McLaughlin, M.Ed., Associate Director or Shellyann Dacres, M.A., Training and Consultation Specialist, The Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities, Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 335 George St., P. O. Box 2688, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-9326; Colleen A. McLaughlin phone: (732) 235-9313; Shellyann Dacres phone: (732) 235-9321; Fax: (732) 235-9330; website:


Can I transfer PLR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the PLR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

Back to PLR list »