Thomas Edison State University - The Office of Professional Learning Review
Skip to Main Content

The Office of Professional Learning Review

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with PLR credits from the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) issued by the National Healthcareer Association® (NHA).

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 9 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) issued by the National Healthcareer Association® (NHA). A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful credential completion. If you completed your credential outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The credential components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

TESU Course
Effective Dates
For Staff Use
Clinical Medical Assisting Skills4MOA-1517/19/2017 - 6/30/2022 NHA.CCMA
Office Laboratory Skills2MOA-1017/19/2017 - 6/30/2022 NHA.CCMA
Administrative Medical Assisting Skills3MOA-1027/19/2017 - 6/30/2022 NHA.CCMA
Clinical Medical Assisting Skills3MOA-1517/1/2012 - 7/18/2017 NHA.CCMA
Office Laboratory Skills2MOA-1017/1/2012 - 7/18/2017 NHA.CCMA
Administrative Medical Assisting Skills2MOA-1027/1/2012 - 7/18/2017 NHA.CCMA

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion

    Students must submit a notarized copy of their NHA CCMA Certificate to the Office of the Registrar, Thomas Edison State University, 111 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608, along with this completed cover sheet.


Can I transfer PLR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the PLR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

Back to PLR list »