Thomas Edison State University - The Office of Professional Learning Review
Skip to Main Content

The Office of Professional Learning Review

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with PLR credits from select Green Business Certification Inc LEED Certifications.

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 13 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing select Green Business Certification Inc LEED Certifications. A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful certification completion. If you completed your certification outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The certification components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

LEED Certification
TESU Course
Effective Dates
For Staff Use
LEED: Green Associate3CET-30907/2009 - 01/2018 GBCI.GA
AP Operations and Maintenance 4CET-31509/2013 - 01/2018 GBCI.APOM
AP Building Design and Construction4CET-31609/2013 - 01/2018 GBCI.APBD
AP Operations and Maintenance 5CET-31507/2009 - 08/2013 GBCI.APOM
AP Building Design and Construction5CET-31607/2009 - 08/2013 GBCI.APBD

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion

    To verify completion of the credentials, students must submit a notarized paper certificate of their LEED credential(s) along with this cover sheet.


Can I transfer PLR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the PLR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

Back to PLR list »