Thomas Edison State University - The Office of Professional Learning Review
Skip to Main Content

The Office of Professional Learning Review

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with PLR credits from U.S. Green Building Council's certification in partnership with the Insulator's Union (HFIAW).

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 1 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing U.S. Green Building Council's certification in partnership with the Insulator's Union (HFIAW). A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful certification completion. If you completed your certification outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The certification components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

USGBC-Insulators Certification
TESU Course
Effective Dates
For Staff Use
Green Awareness Training Union Certification*1EUT-111001/01/2011 - 02/28/2018 USGBC-GATU

*This certification includes an introduction to basic concepts in green building using the LEED system as well as an introduction to mechanical insulation in facilities design and performance; This certification assumes completion of both LEED 101 and Green in Mechanical Insulation as well as successful completion (70%) of a written exam completed after both courses.

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion
    Students must download and submit this form to Apprentice and Training Fund Administrator International Assn of Heat & Frost Insulators & Allied Workers 9602 M. L. King Jr. Hwy. Lanham , MD 20706 to request your transcript be sent to the University.


Can I transfer PLR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the PLR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

Back to PLR list »