Thomas Edison State University - The Office of Professional Learning Review
Skip to Main Content

The Office of Professional Learning Review

Here's your roadmap to finishing your University degree faster with PLR credits from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC) Generic Fundamentals Exam.

How many college credits is it worth?

The most current University review identified up to 10 credit(s) in course equivalencies at Thomas Edison State University for successfully completing the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC) Generic Fundamentals Exam. A student's credit eligibility is determined according to the submission of appropriate documentation as well as the documented date of successful exam completion. If you completed your exam outside the effective dates listed in the following table, check the notes below the table for any reference to an earlier University review.

The exam components have been divided into the following courses:
(TIP: Hover over each column heading for a description)

TESU Course
Effective Dates
For Staff Use
Reactor Theory3NUC-4211/1/1990-3/14/2022 NUCL.GNEXM
Thermodynamics3EGM-3211/1/1990-3/14/2022 NUCL.GNEXM
Nuclear Electives4NUC-3991/1/1990-3/14/2022 NUCL.GNEXM

This credit award is contingent upon successfully passing the General Fundamentals Exam for either Pressurized Water Reactor or Boiling Water Reactor options.

What can I study? top of page


How do I get started? top of page

  • Submit documentation of successful completion

    Students should request the training or HR director from the facility which received NRC's notification of GFE results complete and mail this form on company letterhead directly to: Office of the Registrar, Thomas Edison State University, 111 W. State St., Trenton, NJ 08608.


Can I transfer PLR credit to another institution? top of page

If you are seeking to transfer the PLR credits to another college, the decision whether or not to accept these credits in transfer rests with that college. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution's academic policy will allow transfer of each credit. Thomas Edison State University offers a non-degree service called Individual Learning Account that may be helpful.

Back to PLR list »