TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies
Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies is a one-credit, self-directed course focusing on the learning process, University policies, and academic strategies needed to guide you along the path of obtaining a degree from Thomas Edison State University. This self-directed course provides a core foundation of the institution's procedures and resources to help you navigate not only the online learning environment, but the process toward earning a degree. This course imparts practical tips and strategies for lifelong learning, helping you succeed regardless of where you are in your educational journey.
Semester Hours: 1
Preview the Online Syllabus
(Please go to our bookstore, MBS Direct in order to view the correct materials for each course by semester as the contents of the actual online syllabus may differ from the preview due to updates or revisions)
Additional information about TES-100:
- The TES-100 Cornerstone course is required for new students who enroll as of July 1, 2016. Newly enrolled students will be automatically registered for this course, which will appear in new students’ registration results.
- The course is designed around online study materials and a series of lessons with associated online questions that you progress through without mentor interaction.
- Course work is structured to help you become accustomed to online learning while evaluating and strengthening your skills in writing, math and information literacy.
- New course terms begin every month, so you have 12 opportunities each year to register for the course.
- TES-100 terms are 12 weeks in duration, however the course is self-paced so you have the option to complete on a shorter timeline.
- A one-time special tuition cost for enrollment in the TES-100 course is $300 for students enrolled under the Per Credit Tuition Plan. Active duty military student tuition cost for the course under this plan is $250.
- The course will count as one credit and will be applied towards the 36 credit cap for students enrolled under the Comprehensive Tuition Plan.
- The one credit students earn by taking the TES-100 course can be utilized toward an elective requirement in any degree program.
- Grades for the TES-100 course will be recorded as CR (Credit) or NC (No Credit) on your transcript and will not affect your grade point average.
- Continuing students can register for the course through Online Student Services (OSS). Look for the "TES Cornerstone" course in the subject list.