Courses 1-10 of 30 matches.
Designed to give students knowledge of purchasing, plans & specifications, foundation, framing, finishing & estimating of residential buildings. Practical experiences in the use of tools, materials & methods of construction gained through the building of small frame building.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Describe your involvement in the building process and list evidence of your direct understanding of the following: layout, measurements, site work, structural systems, erection safety, finishes, thermal performance of building envelope, mechanical & electrical systems, building codes.
- Note: Latitude given for a variety of perspectives, such as owner, agency, contractor, construction manager, subcontractor, material supplier or project field supervisor experience or learning.
- Demonstrate familiarity with specialized nomenclature and language of construction documentation including understanding of specialized language of construction documentation (including drawings, specifications, estimates, materials, measurements, etc.). Include evidence of direct involvement in the preparation, writing, review or compliance with these types of documents in a construction environment.
- Describe your knowledge and understanding of some of the wide variety of career paths available to construction professionals, including the advanced skills required to transition from entry level jobs to technical and management careers in the industry.
- Articulate knowledge and understanding of some factors impacting construction safety, including knowledge of basic statistics and evolution of construction safety regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the critical relationship that exists between the design profession and the construction profession.
- Articulate familiarity with some of the recent trends in the construction industry
- Evidence might include completed project summaries, estimates, formal learning, or document preparation at the college level. Evidence of relevant continuing education or professional development coursework should include:
- course transcript (grade) and / or proof of enrollment
- course description and syllabus
- completed class assignments / graded tests (if available)
- list of readings or textbooks used